- Here you will be able to add a shipment manually. This flow normally has more steps than Quick Shipment and Booking with Grydd Partners.
If you want to add a shipment with more details this option is for you!
- To get into this module you need to click on the left menu of your screen and select “Shipments”.
- When you get in the main view you are going to see a general map, in this map later you will see Pins that will show you the exact position of your cargo.
- You will also see a search bar for you to search your shipments by name. Then click on the Lens icon to see the results.
- You can also use the filters to have a specific result, Use filter by City or by Status.
Now, let’s get started! Click on the button +New Shipment and the system will automatically take you to a new view where you will see 3 options.
Select the second option “Standard Shipment” and the system will take you to a new view.
- In this view you will go through 3 steps: Parameters, Products and containers, and Review.
- In the first one you will add all the initial information for your shipment.
- Add a name for your shipment (for you to easily identify).
- Choose an Origin city from the list.
- Select the date of Estimated departure, click on the calendar icon, and pick a date.
- Select a departure window, the options are (By my selected date, +/- 3 days, +/- one week, +/- 2 weeks, +/- one month), this means that the date you choose can be flexible about the departure of your shipment.
- Choose a port of destination from the list.
- Select an estimated arrival, click on the calendar icon, and pick a date.
- Select an arrival window, the options are (By my selected date, +/- 3 days, +/- one week, +/- 2 weeks, +/- one month), this mean that the date you choose can be flexible about the departure of your shipment.
- Once the system recognize that the route is international it will show the INCO Terms button, select one from the list and save.
- Add PO numbers if you already have them, if not you can add them later.
- Add a description of your cargo (this is optional).
- Once everything is filled, click on Save at the bottom and the system will lead you to the next view.
Products and Containers
- In this view you are going to see 3 different filling methods, select the one that suits you better.
- Select this one if you know the approximated total weight and volume of your cargo
- The system will take you to a new view where you need to add the total cargo weight, total cargo volume, cargo description and select commodities that apply for your cargo.
- Once is ready, click on Save and continue.
- In this view you can select the option “Use containers”, and the system will help you to find the most efficient option.
- Select a container class from the list.
- Select a type of container from the list. If you need more containers click on “Add”.
- If you are ready, click on “calculate”.
- The system will show you a list of containers according to the one you chose. And you will see the type, quantity, efficiency, estimated price and the button Select.
- Select the one you want and click on Save and Continue at the bottom.
- Once you click on Save and Continue, the system will take you to the Review screen.
- You will see the container you chose and later your will be able to add more information in the booking view.
- Once you review the information, click on “Add quote” and follow the flow for manual quote.
Now, if you choose, LCL (Less than container load), click on Save and Continue and the system will take you to the Review screen and follow the same steps above.
- The system will show you only the total weight and volume information at the review for this option.
You will see a new view where you can add your client products, master packs, and pallets.
- When you click on the button “Add Products” a modal will open.
- Select a product from the list. (The products you already created in the products module, will appear here, but only if your shipper has given you permissions).
- Select an Inner pack from the list.
- Add the units you will send.
- If the origin of the product is from another country, please click on the check box and select the country.
- Add manufacturer, seller, and buyer if it applies. If not, select Save.
Click on the kebab menu and you will be able to edit or delete the product.
You can also select “Create New Product”, and the system will open a modal for you to add a product name, the dimensions of your product and click on “Add new products”.
Once your product, master pack and pallets are added, click on Save and Create.
The system will take you to the view below, therefore follow the same steps above until you get to the Review screen.
- Select containers if you know how many containers you want, and the system will help you calculate how to fill them efficiently.
- The system will show you a new view, where you can select the type of container you want, and on your right, you can see the capacity for that container.
- If you want to add another container, click on “Add”, then Save and Continue.
- You will see a new view where you can add your products, master packs, and pallets.
- Follow the instructions above explained in Example 2 until you get to the Review screen.
Once you are in the Review screen, make sure all the information is correct.
When you are sure, click on “Add Quote”, and the system will show you a modal.
- Confirm that you are going to create a quote for that shipment so you can proceed with the operation.
- Once you confirm, the system will take you to the manual quote view, follow the instructions explained in quoting module above, number 5.2 in this manual.
Have questions? Please get in touch via chat. We reply usually within minutes.
Grydd – Fast forward your logistics